Right now, some of you may find it difficult to get in the right mindset to work out. That’s why we suggest keeping it simple – and working your whole body at a time with some easy yet effective exercises.
Simple whole-body routine to do at home
The below routine is very easy and can be done anywhere in minutes. It’s a series of 8 exercises that require only your bodyweight, so no equipment is needed.
You can do them as a sequence, taking a short pause in between the exercises, or even separately.
Be warned that this routine may have a side-effect: a sudden burst of energy. In case it happens, don’t stop there, repeat the entire set one more time.
1. High Knees Running in Place
The high knees exercise is a mix of run in place with exaggerated knee lifts. It can be used as a warm-up exercise that prepares your body for more complex movements and improves your overall fitness. Essentially, performing this exercise gets your heart rate up, enhances your power and durability.
- Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Face forward and open your chest
- Start running on the spot with knees as high as possible.
- Your arms should follow the motion as if you were running normally.
- Raise your left arm together with your right knee, and vice versa.
- Breathe deeply and as naturally as you can.